- The purpose of this policy is to outline how we use your data, how it’s protected, how long it’s
stored for and more.
- As a vehicle finance broker, the main purpose of us, Streamline Car Finance Limited,
in obtaining your information is to try to obtain an acceptance with one of our lenders.
- If at any time, you have any questions regarding how we use your information or this policy,
please use the below details to contact us;
Telephone: 0161 968 3434
Post: Trinity House, 114 Northenden Road, Sale, Manchester, M33 3HD.
FAO: Harvey Sutton – Director
- Please note that for the purpose of holding personal data, we are registered with the
Information Commissioner’s Office, registered number – ZB542583.
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
- We collect and use your personal information in order for us to provide you with vehicle
finance via our application form and potential from third parties who you have applied to.
- We act as a data controller.
- The lawful basis of which we use your information is consent, we will not process your
information without your explicit consent.
you make an application.
- We kindly ask that if you do not want us, or do not consent to us using your information, you
do not submit an application to us.
- You can exercise your right to withdraw your consent at any time using our contact details
- We will not use your data for any other purposes without informing you and gaining your
- The information we collect can be some or all of the following –
- Date of Birth
- Residential Information
- Employment and Income Information
- Marital Status
- Vehicle Information
- Bank Details
(should you opt-in, you will have the ability to opt-out at any time, you can also contact us on the
above to do so)
IP and Cookie Information
- We will never request sensitive information or information that we do not require from
- If you do not provide us with your data, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
- Please note communications will be recorded and/or saved for record.
- There will be circumstances where we will only process your data if we have your consent to
do so. For example, if you provide us with data that is classed as a special category of data
such as health information, criminal records of convictions and offences, or allegations of
- We will only process this with your permission (unless we feel the processing is necessary
to protect your vital interests or if the law allows us to do so). You have a right at any time to ask
us to stop the processing of that specific data and can do so using the contact information
What happens if I do not provide my personal information?
- We need your personal information to process your request or finance application. If we do
not collect your personal information, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
- We will use your personal information to send you marketing communications by email about
similar products and services that you may be interested in.
- Please note that we will not send you marketing information without your consent.
- You have the right to object to receiving marketing communication and we will give you an
easy way to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing communication from us.
Who will we share your personal information with?
- We will share your information with the lenders with whom we work in order to assist you
in gaining acceptance, these include the below –
- Your information will be held on our CRM system, AutoConvert (Blue Owl Network Ltd). You
organisation will check the following records about you and with their chosen Credit Reference
Agencies (CRA), Equifax Ltd and Experian Ltd. We will make checks such as; assessing this
application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime.
- When Equifax and/or Experian receives a search request from us via AutoConvert, they will
place a soft quotation footprint that will be visible to you only, on your credit file; other parties
including lenders will not see this. This quotation footprint will not be seen by other parties, and
it will not affect your credit score/rating or ability to apply for finance from other lenders (please
note that when lenders conduct these searches with CRA’s, it may leave a footprint).
AutoConvert will access from Equifax Ltd and/or Experian Ltd both public (including the
electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information. This information will be
used to check your eligibility against a select group of lenders
- We will not see any information on your credit file, AutoConvert will only provide a list of
lenders that you are likely to be accepted for given the information supplied using their brokering
technology that understands most of the acceptance criteria of the lenders on their panel.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record
this and may also pass this information to FPAs, and other organisations involved in crime and
- You can contact CRA’s on the below:
- Equifax Ltd, Customer Services Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS or call 0800
014 2955 or visit www.equifax.co.uk
- Experian Ltd, The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park,
Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, UK https://www.experian.co.uk/contact-us/
- For further information on Credit Reference Agencies and how they will use your data, please
refer to their Credit Information Notice: Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN) |
- The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention
agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If
fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance, or employment. Further details
of how your information will be used by our finance partners and these fraud prevention
agencies, can be found in the above privacy links.
- Please also note that in order to complete your finance agreement, we will require some
information from the supplying dealership.
- In order for them to raise the necessary paperwork, we will need to send them your name,
address and contact number. We may also liaise with them regarding any future after sales
issues where required.
- If required, we will also share your information with 3rd parties for accounting, legal or
regulatory purposes such as (but not limited to HMRC, FCA etc.)
- Please note we as a company do not share your data outside of any EEA state. We ask you
to ensure you are aware of how the above companies share and use your date, so you are fully
- We complete due diligence on any third party with whom we work with to ensure they
comply with GDPR and are happy to provide further information or answer any questions you
How long will we store your personal information?
- We will store your personal information for up to six years on our CRM systems. We are
committed to ensuring your data is kept secure so review our security systems on a regular
- This is to enable us to refer to our records should we be required to for the purpose of
regulatory or lawful reasons.
- If you do not object to receiving marketing communications from us, we will store your
personal information for marketing purposes until you unsubscribe from receiving marketing
communications from us.
- Please note that some of your information may be included in information used for accounting
purposes. Where this is the case, this information is kept for 7 years as per our legal
- Once this time period has ended, your information will be confidentially destroyed and
removed from all systems and records.
What are your rights to your personal information?
1.Under Data Protection Law, you have certain rights when it comes to your data that we need
to make you aware of. We have detailed these rights below.
- Right to access, you have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold
about you at any time.
- Right to rectification You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate
personal information we hold about you.
- Right to erasure You have the right to request that we delete your personal information
from our records.
- Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still
providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once
you cancel the service or once the service is completed if we are able to do so while still
abiding by law.
- Right to restrict processing You have the right to request that we restrict how we use
your personal information.
- Right to object You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal
information at any time.
- Right to data portability You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information
in a legible and compatible format such as Excel or Word.
- Right to be informed You have the right to be fully informed regarding your information
throughout our whole journey
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. If a decision has been
made electronically, you have the right to contest this decision.
How can I exercise my rights in relation to my personal information?
- You can exercise all of your rights by contacting us on any of the above contact details.
- Please note that as a regulated firm, in addition to GDPR and Data Protection Laws, we are
also required to abide by other regulations and laws.
- Due to this, we may not be able to fully act on your requests; however where these
exemptions apply, our team will fully explain why we are limited to act on your request, or how
we have partially acted on your request.
How do I lodge a complaint about the use of my personal information?
- You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s
- The ICO is the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful
- You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or
calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
- Our site may operate cookies and it’s important for us to make you aware how these are used
so please do ensure you are aware of our Cookies Policy which can be found on our site.
- You will be asked if you agree to these cookies when using our site, you have the right to
refuse these Cookies.
- This policy will be reviewed on at least an annual basis and was last updated on 25th
- Any updates will be reissued as soon as is physically possible with the approval of our
Director and Senior Management team.